Friday, March 5, 2021

Never too old to Learn


I learn something new almost everyday. Today I learned that the Red Cross is there for us. No matter how petty you think the problem is.
I had a beeping noise that I couldn't decide where it was coming from. About every twenty seconds or so something would beep. It was most irritating. I decided it must be the smoke detectors. The batteries must have died. I don't climb ladders too well so I called the Red Cross because a few years ago they installed the smoke alarms. Well, they no longer have anyone in this area to service them. He said he would call around and see what could be done. In the meantime Polly, my neighbor, came in to give me my mail. She said, "Your smoke monoxide detector is beeping". My what is beeping? I said. So she went to her home and came back with some tools and set about taking it off the wall and replaced the battery, I happened to have a battery on hand. She put the new battery in and Lo and behold it stopped beeping. I said, "Well, thank you Polly. I will crochet her something.
I had forgotten all about the Red Cross and when I was having dinner the phone rang. (the phone always rings when you have dinner).
It was the Red Cross and said when you have such a problem call 911 and they will send the Fire Dept without the bells and whistles out and take care of the problem. Everything seems to be normal again. I am very impressed with the red Cross for caring about me and my little problem. I should give them some blood but I'm already so tired I can't do anything. Blood test said it was normal. I think lack of good sleep is the problem.








2 comments:

Mildred Ratched said...

I'm glad you got a call back from the Red Cross. I wasn't aware they provided that service, but did know they are a valuable asset to have around when a disaster occurs.

Lorrene said...

Yes, it was so nice to know they are there for us.