Saturday, November 2, 2019

The Born Loser

I am officially the born loser. I wanted a flu shot and we were at the door of Safeway when we thought of it. We had to wait about 15 minutes and there was an old codger about my age sitting across from us and he was in a foul mood. He was gripping about everything he could think of. He didn't believe anything anyone told him and everyone had been brainwashed and if they said it would be a half an hour they meant it would be a half of a day. They were probably out in the yard drinking beer or maybe it's payday and they are out shopping. I finally realized he wasn't serious, he was just entertaining us. Anyway, they finally called my name and since I had never had a flu shot there before, my name wasn't in their records so they would need my card. All I had was my ATM card and ID card. I had decided I didn't need to carry a purse anymore because with the cane the purse is just in the way. From this day forward the purse goes too, hang the cane. I couldn't get the flu shot because the card was in my missing purse. 
We had just come from Walmart because I wanted to pick up some more yarn that matched some I had bought and need a couple more skeins of it, but they only had one skein left. 
Well, I guess I may as well go home and twiddle my thumbs some more. And another thing the waiting room talked about the lack of the Shingle vaccine. It seems to be a rare item as everyone is always out of it. I need one of those also. 
I changed my picture in the right column. Chris said I looked too sober in the other one so I added this on with the fake smile.

Karen's Sunflower



2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

Hope today is a better day. Love the new photo:)

Lorrene said...

Thank you, Chris.