Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Way it Goes

Clean air authority placed a do not burn anything and if you go outside and have any kind of lung disease wear a mask. It reminds me of when Mt. St Helens blew it's top many years ago. Much of the ash blew into our hometown. It was not welcome. If you went outside it was advised that you wear a mask. One of our banks posted a sign on their door, Remove mask before entering.

My vertical blinds are 30 years old and have worn out. When I close them, half turn one way and the other half turn the other way or nothing turns at all. And when it gets dark there are a few that refuse to close and that makes me nervous. Today on my tiptoes I managed to turn each slat the same direction and they are in the closed position and they will stay that way until the new ones arrive. They have been ordered. 
Sorry, this is such a dull post, but that's my life. 



I miss this vehicle more than anything.
Don't ever give up your wheels.










2 comments:

Chris Lally said...

We experienced some nasty smokey days from fires here in Eugene, OR a few years ago, but nothing like the aftermath of Mt. St. Helens in Washington. Glad you got through that!

Good to hear you've got some new blinds coming. It makes life so much easier when things work! I hope having something fresh and new will brighten your day:)

Lorrene said...

I am looking forward to the new blinds like a kid looking forward to Christmas. At night I feel like a target knowing anyone driving by can see me. Anyway, I turned the slats but now it's daytime and I like the light of day in my house and here I sit in the gloom. Pray for a speedy slat delivery!!