Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Warm weather of August

August isn't famous for anything. It just takes up space on the calendar. No famous people that I know of were born in August. 
I was born in this month which I probably had no control over. I think it's as good as any month to be born in. 
I had a sister born on Valentine's day and one was born on Pearl Harbor Day, a brother was born on Christmas day and twin granddaughter's born on Christmas eve and a granddaughter born on New Year's day and a daughter that was born on the day after Thanksgiving (doesn't that count for something) because her birthday sometimes falls on Thanksgiving. 
I was just born on no special day or anything. Probably hotter than that place we don't want to go to. 
I have nothing to write about just killing time. 
This is the old farmhouse I grew up in. We sure didn't have that air Cooler when I lived there. The Cedar tree in the back had a limb that was ideal to chin myself on. We didn't have toys, we just did whatever we thought was fun such as climbing a tree.  My Grandpa, Jasper Newton Lockwood was in the Oklahoma land run and staked a claim so it was his and later was able to acquire more land and ended up with 365 acres.  My Dad was born in this house in 1900. Grandma and Grandpa lived in a cave while it was being built, That room on the back was a screened in porch when I lived there. 


1 comment:

Jimh. said...

Where was the cave? On their land? That's quite a story!