Sunday, March 22, 2020

Spooks and Light Bulbs

Spooky days are upon us. It became dark in the evening and I turned on a lamp which didn't come on so I changed the light bulb and it still didn't come on. Chris dropped by so I told her about my lamp and I brought another lamp in from a bedroom and she put a bulb in it and the bulb exploded, I screamed because I thought she had been shot from the noise it made. She put another bulb in it and it it also exploded.  I turned on the floor lamp that I hybernate under day and night and it refused to come on. I put another bulb and it just flat out wouldn't work. The electricty was on because the TV was on a station that was speaking Spanish and Chris asked why I was watching a channel that was in Spanish. I told her it was English when I turned it on. By now I am running out of light bulbs and Chris can't drive in the dark so she had to go home. She took the lamps with her to see if Kenny could fix them.
Kenny returned the lamps today, and one lamp was meant for 40 watt bulbs and I was using 100 watts. The other lamp was plugged into a power strip that was dead, wore out, 40 years old.


The Cornavirus is out there so stay inside and that is a scary thing. 

I recall when our kids were small we worried about them getting Polio. What a happy day it was when a vacine was discovered that would take that fear away so I am hoping the same will happen for this virus. 


2 comments:

Jimh. said...

You had me laughing there Grandma! We are weathering the quarantine as well as we can. Wishing you well from Moxee!

Anonymous said...

I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, Busarakham.