Friday, March 27, 2020

Wait Awhile and Maybe it'll fly or Die

The world is so full of scammers. Every now and then I get a call from a lady that says there is nothing wrong with your credit card at this time but. I hang up on her but/butt at that time.
If I want another credit card I'll do the shopping for one.
I wish the Coronavirus was fake, but it is real. It is very scary and people are paying attention to the warnings. It seems so strange to look out my window and there is no one on the sidewalk or cars driving by.  I didn't know I would miss something like that.  No yellow school busses driving by. About the only vehicles are delivery trucks and of course we can depend on the trusty mail service, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night nor the  Coronavirus will prevent the mail service from doing their job" or something like that. Forget the mail service, we don't those ad's and other useless magazines and catalogs. 
It would be nice if we knew people were returning to work and the toilet paper was back on the shelves. It brings back memories of the smelly outhouse with the Montgomery Ward catalog in place of toilet paper.  I've been around a year or two and I remember those things.I am not a young thing. Our first phone number was a two-digit number, and you turned the crank on the wall phone and a woman, always a woman, would say, "Number, please". The telephone booth was built and how convenient it was. You needed coins because it wasn't free. I was about 4 years old and I remember the phone on the wall of my grandparents home. Our family couldn't afford a phone. Most emergency calls were conveyed by wire (sending a message by wire) meaning you had to go to town and walk in their office and pay them to send your message. 

Calling someone out of your area was reserved for emergencies because it was expensive to make a long distant call.


No comments: