Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Celebrate the Years


My great grand son has his first birthday today, June 9th. My mother was born June 9th 1905. If she were living she would be happy to know he was born on her birthday. He lives in Tacoma and I live in Yakima so I won't be able to see him. They were over here a couple weeks ago so I saw him then. He was a little shy of me. I was a total stranger to him. 
I thought July the 4th was when we hear fireworks, but the past two nights they have Firework displays nearby. The first night when the first few bangs went off I thought someone was banging on my back door. Scared the bejeebers out of me. I soon realized what it was. Even Sassy cat was curious. Last night the same thing begin again. I live within yelling distance of a couple schools and that seemed to be the source of the noise. This is only the 9th of June. I'm not sure what the rush was about. If it happens again I'll know they aren't coming after me.



No comments: