Monday, December 28, 2020

Frustrations

 Well, here we are ready to start another year. Ready or not here it comes. We may get a snowfall here soon. I have a very nice neighbor that shovels snow out of my driveway, brings my mail to me and even takes care of the cat's litter box. She loves doing things for people. 

When you get this age people are so nice to you. It's very much appreciated too.

An odd little thing happened. The Union Gospel Mission help homeless people and cook and serve food to them and beds for a couple days , I'm not sure what all they do. They sent a letter before Christmas asking for donations so I sent them a small donation with a check. My checks only have my name on them. They sent me a thank you letter. Well. they  sent it to my address with my son's name on it and thanked him for the donation. 

Mel, has never lived here. I haven't solved that mystery yet. Maybe he also sent them a donation and somehow it got screwed up. 

I don't have anything to put in these blogs anymore so I am not sure why I think I need to keep doing it.  I have to keep my hands busy. Crocheting and crossword puzzles are driving me batty. 

One day I wished I lived in the country so I could just go outside and scream as loud as I can. I guess I could do it anyway but they would probably lock me up in the looney bin. Today I heard that people are drinking more these days. I'm not going to take that one up. 

I found this online some time ago. It was taken in Glencoe, Ok. The buildings caught fire January 22,1914. The folks were all hanging out together to discuss the loss, but  in this day we can't do that or it could make the matter worse. 




No comments: