Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Clouds


The morning clouds moved in and decided we didn't need another soaking so they moved on out to drier territory. Don't we wish clouds had brains but all they have is water. One time I was a kid  (I need to interrupt this sentence to tell you my Dad did not call his kids, kids because he said kids are goats) we woke up to downpouring water that was coming out of the leaky clouds. It rained and rained until the nearby creeks were overflowing including the bridges. I asked my Mommy if I could go wade in the creek and she told me if I would wait a few minutes I could go wade in the yard. I found out as an adult that they were very worried about the flood as they called it. Now, we live in an era when the rain will not stop until it destroys everything for miles around. 
I have new hearing aids. They take some getting used to. My own voice was driving me nuts. I had a follow up appointment today and he made adjustments so they are much better.
Kenny put an app on them and I can listen to my goat roping music. The music plays right in my ear. 
Chris and I finally have an appointment for hair cuts. I wear the mask and save on make-up. But how can I hide my hair. It seems that most women just wear their hair long and semi straight. Then they can put it in a ponytail. I grew up before the ponytail was heard of and that would have been perfect to my super straight hair. 
I've rambled long enough. I will listen to the news. CBS for me. 


No comments: