Thursday, November 18, 2021

Happier Times


Once upon a long time ago, it was November and we were out for a drive. It was just something to do to pass the time away. I was about nine months pregnant and we drove by the new hospital that was being built. The five-year-old in the back seat said, "Oh, it's a girl and she will be born the day after turkey day". We were hoping for a girl, we already had two boys. Well, the night after Turkey day my husband woke me up to ask if I was having pain. I said I wasn't having any pain when a pain hit me. I was having labor pain in my sleep. Now I could feel the pain. He thought we should head for the hospital and I thought we can wait awhile when another pain hit. We had to take the boys over to the grandparents as we had to notify them and deliver the boys. So we got a move on and took care of the details and I delivered a girl on the day after turkey day.
This was before they could know what sex the baby was until you gave birth. Now, I am giving her age away. Her birthday falls on Thanksgiving day this year.
Happy Birthday, Karen Girl.  The Karen Girl comes from a show that was popular at the time. I can't even remember the name of it but it had a John Boy in it. I still call her Karen Girl at times. I think she was born in the new hospital but I'm not sure. Yakima Valley Memorial hospital and I don't care how many times they change the name of it, I still call it Yakima Memorial.


Lorrene and Karen



No comments: