Saturday, November 13, 2021

Sing A Song

Everything becomes outdated including me. These hearing aids are so much fun. Today I heard the dish washer running, but I had  not turned it on. Oh, I guess it's the Fridge. 
It's not all bad, today when I was in the bathroom I heard water running and discovered I had not turned the water completely off when I took my shower. It probably saved me a few pennies. 
That reminds me of when we took those Saturday night baths in the galvanized tub in the middle of the kitchen. We went to church on Sunday so we had to be clean for that. Then my Mom put my hair up in rags yes, I mean rags. It took a strip of cloth and she wound a section of hair around the rag and I have no clue how the rest of it went, but I had curls the next morning. Lots of people used the method in those days. 
I can't watch movies anymore. My brain can't move fast enough to keep up with what is going on. 
I thought it was my hearing, but my aids are working fine.
I hate this changing the clocks. I never look at the clock without thinking but it's really --0'clock.
And I'll bet you do it too. 
I'm listening to my country music. The words to the songs can be interesting. Here are some I just heard. 
"I've been saving cuss words under my tongue". 
Willie Nelson is singing it. 
Well. it's 7:30 but it's really 8:30 so I guess I'll sign off. Happy New Year or whatever it is. 





1 comment:

Michael holman said...

Willie Nelson was my wife's favorite singe, but I never heard that song before. I used to like don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. I thought that was a pretty good song.