Monday, November 22, 2021

Old Stuff

Life can be scary when you're a little kid. Think of your own life as a child. Can't you remember some scary moments? When I was 8 years old we had moved to Colorado from Okla. It was a new school and I didn't know anyone. Someone must have taken me to the room I belonged in and I sat down at one of the desk when a kid came along and told me to get out of their desk. A teacher found me a desk to sit in. I was doing okay until there was some kind of event going on in another town. Busses were lined up and a teacher said for us to go get on our bus. This is the way I remember it. I didn't know which bus I was supposed to get on and instead of asking someone I just climbed on one.  I'm sitting there when a little boy saw me and told me he thought I was on the wrong bus so he told the bus driver. The bus driver took me to the right bus and all ended well. Why wasn't a teacher making sure we got on the right bus? I remember thinking about it later and wondering where I would have ended up.
One time at this same school I was walking home from
 school which was only a few blocks but it was a busy street and I was freezing cold. Girls wore dresses in that day and I probably had on long stockings but I was still freezing when a car stopped and asked me if I wanted a ride, I almost jumped in that car to get out of the cold. Then I realized I was in a car with a stranger and I had been told about such things and was scared out of my wits. I started telling him where I lived and was so scared but he pulled over and let me off. I never forgot it. I don't think I ever got in a car with a stranger again. The next time I had a really scary experience was when I was very young adult working in a Coffee Shop. I had to park a block away in a dark area and I was on the evening shift. So I had to go to my car in this dark area and one night just as I got to the car I realized some one was almost on my heels. I jumped in the car as he ran for the passenger side I locked the door and reached over to make sure the other door was locked when he was right there. I got out of there and quit the darn job. I had a 3 year old and tried to take care of him and couldn't get any sleep. My husband was working so we got by without the extra income.
Nothing new ever happens these days so I have to dig up something out of my past.


No comments: