Saturday, February 6, 2021

Days Turn Into Eons

 It's 56 degrees and windy. Does anyone care? In 1950 it was freezing cold when I went to the hospital to push out a baby. He was squalling and making his entrance known to everyone in hearing distance. He is 71 years old today. A few days later  we went home and the weather was thawing and warm and wonderful. We lived in a tiny little house but we were happy.

This was my only friend, Lorraine Mathis.

We remained lifelong friends but her life ended several years ago and I'm still kicking.  I had just moved here in Washington from Oklahoma so I had no friends yet. It's been 75 years now. I'm ready to bail out of this Lifeboat but I guess God has other plans for me. 
We moved out of this cracker box when the husband was called back into the USAF because of the Korean war. I moved into an apartment house and waited for the war to end. He finally served his time and came home. We moved into a bigger house with two bedrooms and our family grew a little so we found this house and spent many years there.

I'm just killing time. 
Nothing new around here.
Stay out of trouble and don't forget to wear your mask.

No comments: