Saturday, February 13, 2021

More of the Same

If you watch TV the only people that go to the gym for exercise are already fit as a fiddle.  

My neighbor, Polly, got her shot today and ended up in the emergency room at the hospital. She had a reaction to the Covid shot and I think this was her second shot. 

Polly is home today and shoveled my driveway and her sister helped her. Just now more snow has started and will dump another few inches.

I had become rather adjusted to a snowless winter such as we had last year. 

I don't know if it's my vision or what but I am always misplacing some little something and spend a lot of time looking for it. When I finally find it, it's right where I have been looking. Today it was the little gizmo (because I don't what it's called) that sets on the lid of the pressure cooker and it rocks back and forth so you know if you need to turn the burner down a little or up. I do not own one of those quick cookers of this modern age. All you do with those is adjust the dial. This is the Dial age, I'm from the rocker age. The gizmo rocks, you rock in a rocking chair. A hard chair with rockers on the legs. Cushions had never been heard of. I'll never forget that cold toilet hole we had to sit on. 

This era cannot be embarrassed about anything. When women got pregnant they hid under big smocks so nobody would know what she had been doing. The word pregnant was embarrassing so they said PG. The only sex education you got was from your friends, your same sex friends. What they didn't know they surmised. I remember a girl about three years older than me said the woman poops the baby out. Ouch!!!


Oh, to be young again.


 

No comments: